As per the Center for parenting, there are ten key strategies to raising children. Below you can read and share this blog with others.
- Children thrive BEST in a home filled with respect and LOVE. The respect must be a 2 way street. Parents must respect their children and children must do the same.
- It is important that parents listen to their children. Listen with a quite non-judgmental ear as your children share their feelings and thoughts.
- The main emphasis should be what is good and positive about your children.
- Allow your children to learn and do tasks for themselves.
- Be cognizant of what your children can accomplish based on their age, maturity and skill level. Celebrate their accomplishments!
- Be “consistent!” Do what you say you are going to do.
- Do not become physical, emotionally or mentally abusive.
- Admit when you make mistakes. Be aware of your mistakes and teach your children that mistakes have lessons within them to be learned.
- Behave how you expect your children to behave.
- Laughter is the BEST medicine. Make sure your home is filled with a sense of humor.
Need assistance becoming a BETTER parent? Email me for a FREE 20 minute Life Coaching session: email@example.com
Certified Professional Life Coach
Posted in assistance, Children, Coaching, consultation, empowering, help, Life, Life Coach, Life Coaching, mother, motherhood, motivation, Parenting, parenting tip, support, The Center for Parenting Education, Uncategorized, wisdom
Tagged common sense, Family, People
Is True that children do not come with an instructional manual, however, with that being said, we are more prepared than our parents ever were to raise children with a healthy self esteem and self worth.
To achieve this objective there are certain strategies that MUST be put into place in our daily parenting journey. Below are 11 strategies that will guarantee our children do not need to have therapy during their later years! 🙂
- Our Children came from us, however, they are here to serve their own given GOD Purpose. We MUST allow them their space in order to become who GOD created them to be. Showing them unconditional LOVE, and accepting them, teaches them that it is safe to be who GOD created them to be!
- Having Honest conversations with our children go a long way. Speak to your children about EVERYTHING based on their age. Teach them about your bills, your budget, your childhood, your teen years.
- Use your experiences so that they understand that you are not from Mars. You have to speak to them, not in judgement, not preaching, not lecturing, but have honest communications about feelings and aspirations.
- Teach them that an ATM machine is not a magical box and that groceries, gas, clothing, extracurricular activities cost! Show them the value of a dollar. Teach them to make a budget.
- Choose to take the time to LISTEN! No matter what you hear, try your BEST not to use judging words! Listen and then, go to the bathroom or your room and scream, but DO NOT allow your children to feel you are condemning them for sharing their experiences with you!
- Consequences are needed in your child’s life! Consequences is a better word than punishment as punishment has a negative connotation. At this time is when I tell you no spanking, however, I am not totally convinced that no spanking is the way to go, so I shall leave it as food for thoughts! The bottom line is that boundaries have to be set and your child MUST know when you are serious and when negotiations can take place.
- Become your child’s greatest “ADVOCATE!” Encourage your child to do what they are passionate about and support them! Become that “soccer MOM,” Drama Dad.”
- Act as you say! Look at your behavior, are you acting in a way that would be pleasing to you if you saw your child acting in that manner? The days of “do as I do and not as I say” are gone! We have to be responsible to be life models for our children.
- Do not bully your children! Do not call them names! Do not make fun of them! ALWAYS validate their feelings.
- Having fun is a positive way to deal with Life! Humor is healthy! Remember, humor at the expense of your child is not acceptable!
- Make it a priority to learn what makes your child tick! Learn each developmental stage your child is going through and the BEST strategies to assist in this development. If you need assistance with these 11 steps, do not hesitate to email me, firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE 20 minute Parent Life Coaching session.
The Center for Parenting Education, The Parenting Tip – “High self-esteem is not noisy conceit. It is a quiet sense of self-respect, a feeling of self-worth.”
Certified Professional Life Coach
Posted in assistance, Children, Coaching, empowering, help, Life, Life Coach, Life Coaching, mother, motherhood, motivation, Parenting, parenting tip, support, Teenagers, The Center for Parenting Education