As per the Center for parenting, there are ten key strategies to raising children. Below you can read and share this blog with others.
- Children thrive BEST in a home filled with respect and LOVE. The respect must be a 2 way street. Parents must respect their children and children must do the same.
- It is important that parents listen to their children. Listen with a quite non-judgmental ear as your children share their feelings and thoughts.
- The main emphasis should be what is good and positive about your children.
- Allow your children to learn and do tasks for themselves.
- Be cognizant of what your children can accomplish based on their age, maturity and skill level. Celebrate their accomplishments!
- Be “consistent!” Do what you say you are going to do.
- Do not become physical, emotionally or mentally abusive.
- Admit when you make mistakes. Be aware of your mistakes and teach your children that mistakes have lessons within them to be learned.
- Behave how you expect your children to behave.
- Laughter is the BEST medicine. Make sure your home is filled with a sense of humor.
Need assistance becoming a BETTER parent? Email me for a FREE 20 minute Life Coaching session: firstname.lastname@example.org